Lifestyle Assistant - Benetas St Georges
• Leading not-for-profit, values based organisation
• High performance culture focused on providing a positive and fulfilling ageing experience
• 79% of staff say Benetas is 'A truly great place to work!'Our Company:
Benetas is a not for profit organisation dedicated to supporting older Victorians, their friends and carers, through a range of aged care and in-home services. Benetas is committed to our reputation as a truly great place to work. We care about our people's health and wellbeing and invest significantly in their development. We take pride in being a diverse and inclusive employer. We respect and value differences and encourage people of all ages and backgrounds to apply. Benetas is a recognised leader in Gender Equality, having been awarded an Employer of Choice citation for 12 years in a row.The Position:
We have an excellent opportunity for a permanent part time Lifestyle Assistant to join our welcoming team at Benetas St Georges. Located in Altona Meadows, St Georges offers personalised care to its 124 residents in a modern and spacious environment. With many of its residents from multicultural backgrounds, St Georges takes pride in its diversity and sound relationship with the Altona Meadows community.
In this rewarding role, you will facilitate recreational and social programs that enhance the wellbeing of our residents. You will demonstrate an understanding of the differing cognitive, social, spiritual, and cultural needs of our residents and their families. A key driver of success will be your enthusiasm to seek opportunities to engage our residents and encourage them to be part of their local community. You will have a natural nature to demonstrate empathy towards our residents and identify their social and leisure needs to enhance their quality of life.
The successful applicant will be available for afternoon shifts Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and every second Sunday. You will work a total of 28 hours per fortnight.
Benetas seeks team members who are driven by our values of respect, responsibility, community and spirit. In this rewarding position, you will make a real difference and assist residents to have a fulfilling ageing experience.You are:
• Formally qualified in Community Development, Recreation or Disability Studies (i.e. Certificate IV in Lifestyle and Leisure)
• Experienced in providing recreational and social programs in aged care facilities or similar settings
• Able to speak a language other than English (desirable)
• Highly motivated and creative, with the drive to work autonomously
• Empathetic and can to build strong connections with residents and their loved ones
• Honest, helpful and dependable - a great asset for the teamBenefits:
• A safe and supportive work environment where people are valued and encouraged to share their ideas
• A strong learning culture where you are in the driver's seat of your ongoing professional development
• Rewarding work that supports our clients to have a positive experience of ageing
• Working in a trusted and values based organisation focused on quality and growth
• Competitive Salary (with salary packaging and meal & entertainment benefits)How to apply:
Benetas uses video interviewing as part of our selection process. If shortlisted, you may receive an email invitation to complete an online video interview. This can be completed on any video enabled laptop, mobile phone or tablet.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
To view the position description and apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume at For a confidential discussion, please contact Amanda Pratt - Residential Manager on .