Casual Security Officer
Monash Health provides a world of healthcare across south eastern Melbourne, uniquely integrating primary, secondary and tertiary health services as well as world-renowned research and teaching facilities. We employee more than 18,000 staff who work across 40 care locations. In Monash Health your own growth and development is important and with us you can really be your best. For more information please visit www.monashhealth.org.
To meet the demands across these sites and deliver experienced Security personnel, Monash Health Bureau (MHB) is a workforce unit responsible for supporting the businesses casual needs, whilst creating a flexible work life balance for our employees.
- Professional ongoing training and team support
- Health and wellbeing initiatives, including access to staff gym
- Uniform provided
Our Security Team are responsible for the provision of a high quality service to provide patients, visitors, staff with an environment which affords individual physical safety, the safeguarding of Monash Health property and emergency response. Responsibilities will also include:
- Providing an immediate response and action to critical alarms including duress alarms, building plant and fire
- Operation of CCTV systems
- Patient and Visitor Aggression response including Patient and Visitor Restraint. Security officers are required to respond quickly to all events involving aggression and violence to maintain the safety of all staff, patients and visitors
- Provide the Staff/Patient Security Escort Service. Officers are required to escort staff, visitors and patients to areas within the hospital precinct
- Provide a patrol service for both internal and external site areas
- All Mortuary duties including the body release service from the Hospital Mortuary
- The production, issue and monitoring of Identity cards and bank/agency area access cards
What you need
This exciting role is in an ever-changing setting so flexibility is required and at times you may need to be available at short notice, and will require you to work across the Monash Health network locations. We are looking for you to have:
- Clear communication skills with a professional work ethic
- Experience within critical or emergency procedures
- Current Victorian Security Guard and Crowd Controller Licence
- Certificate III or Certificate II in Security Operations (Unarmed Guard & Crowd Control)
- Basic computer knowledge
- Current Working with Children’s Check
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence
- Relevant Australian working rights/visa
How to Apply
If you would be interested to learn more about this role and join our Security team, click on 'Apply' to be taken to the online application process!
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System – e-mail applications will not be considered.
Existing Monash Health employees should apply using their Monash Health employee account. Please call Recruitment Services on 9265 2776 for assistance.
Offers of employment can only be made once all required probity checks have been completed. These include:
- reference checks
- a clear Police Check conducted within the last three months
- a current Victorian Employee Working with Children’s Check (or proof of payment for same)
- proof of immunisation.
A request to conduct probity checks does not guarantee that an offer of employment will be made.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: