Assistant Bookkeeper, Corporate Finance & Restructuring, Melbourne
About The Role
In the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment, we focus on our clients' strategic, operational, financial and capital needs by addressing the full spectrum of financial and transactional challenges faced by corporations, boards, private equity sponsors, creditor constituencies and other stakeholders.
The Accounts Services Assistant role is a permanent, full-time role supporting professional staff in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth. Duties include Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, bank reconciliations, banking assistance using various online banking platforms and various other responsibilities such as those set out below.
What You'll Do
- Provide banking / funds handling support to staff with respect to their client needs including monitoring and handling client funds. This may include banking, opening and closing bank accounts, investing funds, other liaison with banks as needed
- Data entry and database management including, but not limited to, processing receipts and payments and preparing bank reconciliations
- Assist with, and arrange, timely closure of finalised client matters on request, including but not limited to, bank account closures and close and archive cases
- Assist with discreet aspects of various project work relating to the Accounts Services function as needed
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with some bookkeeping experience looking to further develop and grow as a bookkeeper in a professional services setting. You will work in a dynamic, supportive work environment with experienced personnel and will also have the opportunity to assist in driving a wide variety of performance improvement initiatives and greater operational efficiencies.
Qualifications & Experience
- 1 to 2 years of experience in an Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Officer or similar position
- A degree in Accounting or Bookkeeping is an advantage
- Experience working in a high-volume environment
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Intermediate level Excel and Word skills
- Motivated, with an ability to work with initiative and prioritise workload
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team setting
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Attractive remuneration
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Medical insurance program (corporate membership) for individual and dependent(s)
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Flexible working arrangements
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and drinks
- Employee Assistance Program ("EAP") - free to all employees and their immediate families
- Monthly Health & Wellbeing program including fitness subsidies
- Professional membership contributions and generous paid study leave
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognised as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes . For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter ( @FTIConsulting ), Facebook and LinkedIn .
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: