Indigenous Career Program - Customer Service Consultant - Resolution
- Can you walk in a customer's shoes to understand their needs?
- Do you leave a lasting impression by providing friendly and efficient customer service?
Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Good energy starts with you, our great people.
T HE ROLE
This position is only open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants. The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and the relevant state acts.
At Origin, we value diversity and inclusion and believe in the power of a balanced organisation. Providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples helps us deliver on our purpose and goals, particularly our Reconciliation Action Plan .
This is an exciting opportunity to join our energetic and fast-paced Customer Service team. Our Service team are the first point of contact for existing residential customer enquiries and are responsible for asking effective questions to understand the call and determine the appropriate action to best meet the customer’s needs. This is your chance to drive actions that truly makes a difference in the lives of Origin’s valued customers.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Handling simple to complex or lengthy service enquiries from existing Origin customers
- Delivering exceptional quality customer service to new and existing Origin Energy customers
- Identifying opportunities to grow Origin’s customer base through transferring potential new customers/accounts or retaining existing customers to an internal department.
- Taking responsibility and ownership for customer satisfaction, loyalty and responding to customer issues and managing exceptional cases or complaints effectively
- Providing efficient, effective and accurate identification, processing and resolution of customer issues whilst striving for first contact resolution
You’ll need to be proactive, flexible, adaptable, and comfortable handling customer situations whilst demonstrating empathy, resilience and problem-solving skills. You will be passionate about the customer experience and delivering a service that makes a difference.
To be considered you will;
- Have previous experience in a customer service role (all backgrounds are welcome)
- Have the ability to work in a dynamic fast paced environment and display resilience and a positive attitude
- Have exceptional customer service attributes, particularly the ability to communicate in a concise, polished and professional manner whilst demonstrating empathy and understanding
- Be organised, diligent and committed to your work and be trusted to work remotely; this role will be a 30/20 split between the office and working from home
- Have the ability to work with a sense of urgency and a commitment to quality and first call resolution
- Be able work a full-time, rotating roster, Monday to Friday between 7am-6pm
Being employed at Origin you will have access to support groups to support you in your career. These include:
- Indigenous Employee Network (IEN) - the purpose of the IEN is to connect and support our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees, as well as providing input into business decisions relating to Reconciliation
- Reconciliation @ Origin Working Group – This group will connect you with other Origin employees interested in and striving to push forward Origin’s commitment to Reconciliation. We share good news stories and insights to Reconciliation in action at Origin.
It's an exciting time to join Origin. Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Origin's Retail business is Australia’s leading energy retailer, we provide 4.2 million customers with a range of energy products, services and solutions to keep our homes, businesses and communities going.
As we continue to build a simpler, smarter and more engaging business for the future, we’re looking for people who are passionate, curious and customer focused. People who are excited by the challenge of finding new ways of working, new ways of delivering for customers and more affordable energy.
Origin. Good energy
At Origin, our focus is on getting energy right for our customers, communities, and planet. Because we know it’s up to us to shape the future of energy.
For more information contact: Matt Rix - 07 3028 5003 , quote Requisition ID: 78234
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.
Here's a little about what makes us, us: www.careers.originenergy.com.au
Function: Customer Service
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: