Registered Nurse – Casual Bank Icu
About Austin Health
Austin Health is the major provider of tertiary health services in the Northeast of Melbourne. We are world renowned for research and specialist work in cancer, liver transplantation, spinal cord injuries, neurology, endocrinology, mental health and rehabilitation.
Austin ICU is a 29 bed unit that provides care for over 2000, 2200 outreach ICU outreach and 500 liaison patients each year. Austin ICU is renowned for being a world class leader in research and for providing a supportive learning environment for staff to develop and enhance their skills.
An opportunity currently exists for enthusiastic and highly experienced Registered Nurses with postgraduate ICU qualifications to join our casual nursing workforce for our Intensive Care Unit. Successful applicants will possess a patient centred care approach to care delivery and enjoy the challenge of working with a variety of specialties within the ICU environment.
Expectation of the Role
- Practices within own scope of practice in accordance with legislation and policy affecting nursing practice and healthcare
- Recognises and responds appropriately to unsafe or unprofessional practice
- Practices in a way that acknowledges the dignity, culture, values beliefs and rights of individuals/groups and aligning to Austin Health's organisational values
- Acts as a advocate for patients within the organisational and management structures of Austin Health
- Recognises the difference in accountability and responsibility between registered nurses enrolled nurses and unlicenced health care workers
What is required from applicants
- Exceptional communication skills
- Current Registered Nurse Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Post graduate qualification in Intensive Care Nursing
- Australian Working Rights
- Not work more than 64hrs in a fortnight across other organisations
- Provide minimum of 2 clinical references including a current NUM or manager, and an ANUM or Nurse Educator level
- Commit to being available to work minimum of one shift a fortnight
Austin Nurses are committed to creating the best patient experience
- Actively involved in decision making
- Timely access to information and resources
- Work as part of the interdisciplinary team
- Accountable for continuing professional development
Work with us! Your reward is to work in a collaborative environment which will provide you with opportunities for ongoing training and development. Your benefits will include salary packaging, and the employee assistance program.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory National Police Clearance Check conducted by Austin Health and if required, a Working with Children's Check.
Austin Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: