Administration Officer (Vpsg2)
About the role:
The Public Order Response Team (PORT) provides specialist support to planned and unplanned operations across the state. The unit has recently advanced its' capability to provide specialist crowd control and public order tactics for events such as demonstrations, sporting events, Public Order events and Emergency Management Response.
This versatile role will rotate duties throughout both the Logistics and Administration teams of PORT and report to their respective Team Leaders. The successful applicant will have the ability to showcase and further develop their broad skillset.
Initially based within the Logistics Team you will assist in the day to day management of the PORT Logistics office. Within the Logistics office you will be managing and maintaining specialist equipment, vehicle fleet oversight, managing accountable documents, and establishing governance processes for equipment audit and accountability.
While working within the Administration Team you will assist in the day to day management of the PORT Administration office. As part of the Administration team you will support all administrative functions to police members including the entry of brief and correspondence data onto multiple police databases, routine reporting, managing and maintaining office equipment, stores ordering and general customer service.
Victoria Police is a contemporary and agile workplace and support flexible working arrangements.
Some of your duties will include:
- Managing a variety of databases to ensure equipment is maintained and serviceable
- Providing advice to sworn personnel regarding sizing and fitting of specialist public order protective wear
- Maintaining adequate stock levels and auditing processes
- Overseeing a vehicle fleet of approx. 85 vehicles, inclusive of specialist vehicles and command truck
- Supporting frontline members with equipment issue and relevant logistical functions
- Performing a variety of computerised activities including data entry, typing and word processing
- Attending to enquiries from internal and external stake holders and providing initial information or advice as required
- Receiving, recording and distributing mail and correspondence
- Recording and maintaining all Brief of Evidence movements
- Processing general financial and administrative items as directed
- Providing general office support functions including the operation and maintenance of office equipment
- Preparing routine correspondence on a range of administrative matters and following up on procedures as required
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- Effective time management and prioritisation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a range of people.
Requirements and relevant information:
- One (1) full time, ongoing position available.
- Position will be located at the Victoria Police Centre, 311 Spencer Street, Docklands, 3008.
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.
- The position may require you to work outside the ordinary hours; overtime will be paid in accordance with the relevant Victorian Public Service Agreement.
- The incumbent will be required to complete the OHS requirements of the organisation, which may include local level training relating to equipment usage and Hazardous Chemicals.
- Public Order Response Team, Transit & Public Safety Command – In accordance with the provisions of the Victoria Police Act, this unit is a Designated Workplace for the purposes of Drug and Alcohol testing. On direction, all employees in this unit must participate in designated work unit testing and targeted testing.
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include fingerprint checks and misconduct screening.
Your application must include:
- Completed application form - attached to the job advertisement
Applications close midnight, Thursday 15 April 2021.
Please Note: All applications will need to be submitted through the Jobs and Skills Exchange or Victorian Government careers website (Careers.vic). Applications will not be accepted via other platforms or email.
For further information on this role please contact: Jesse Edwards on (03) 8335 6436 or via email Jesse.Edwards@police.vic.gov.au.
If you have a disability/medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirements/reasonable adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact VPS Recruitment via email VPSRECRUITMENT@police.vic.gov.au or on (03) 8335 8081.
Victoria Police is a large organisation employing police, public servants and protective services officers. Victoria Police provides support to the community 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
At Victoria Police our goal is for our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve. We continually seek to attract and retain a diverse workforce which includes people of all genders, ages, religions, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and cultures including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage.
Find out what it is like working as a Victorian Public Servant for Victoria Police: https://www.police.vic.gov.au/vps
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: